New World keeps the copper hits coming at Antler
New World’s ongoing drilling continues to demonstrate the vertical and lateral continuity of mineralisation at its Antler project with further high-grade copper hits (reports Stockhead).
25th June 2021
Resources Rising Stars
Drilling has highlighted the robustness of the Main Shoot with hole ANT58 intersecting a combined total of 16.5m of high-grade mineralisation consisting of:
- 1.2m grading 2.2% copper, 0.3% zinc, 3.5% lead, 104.0 grams per tonne (g/t) silver and 0.35 g/t gold from 542.6m;
- 9.8m grading 1.7% copper, 4.7% zinc, 0.6% lead, 27.5g/t silver and 0.26g/t gold from 545.7m; and
- 5.6m at 2.4% copper, 5.1% zinc, 0.9% lead, 45.8g/t silver and 0.31g/t gold from 562.7m.
High-grade hits have also been returned from the recently discovered South Shoot with ANT57 returning:
- 6.7m at 2.7% copper, 8.8% zinc, 1.4% lead, 49g/t silver and 0.29g/t gold from 395.3m, and;
- 0.4m at 7.9% copper, 10.2% zinc, 0.2% lead, 32g/t silver and 0.14g/t gold from 409.8m.
New World Resources (ASX:NWC) noted that thicker zones of mineralisation continued to be intersected in deeper holes and that it has completed a new drill pad to facilitate deeper drilling below the Main and South Shoots at the project in Arizona.
“The more we drill, the more our confidence improves that we can bring the very high-grade Antler Copper Deposit into production in a timely manner to capitalise on the strong outlook for copper over the coming years,” managing director Mike Haynes said.
“We continue to intersect thick high-grade mineralisation, with recent results continuing to confirm its vertical and lateral continuity.”
Assays are pending for a further 15 completed holes and two rigs are continuing drilling at the project.
Besides confirming the vertical and lateral continuity of the very thick zone of high-grade mineralisation in the deeper levels of the Main Shoot, drilling in the shallower levels has also returned significant assay results.
This includes multiple intercepts of:
- 5m at 3.3% copper, 5.3% zinc, 0.5% lead, 18.5g/t silver and 0.15g/t gold from 337m, and;
- 1.7m at 3% copper, 11.2% zinc, 0.8% lead, 29.1g/t silver and 0.13g/g gold from 386.6m at ANT55.
New World adds that it is continuing to search for a third rig due to the high demand for drilling in the US.
© 2021 Resources Rising Stars All Rights Reserved